ACCUSTIC ARTS MONO II
The ACCUSTIC ARTS® MONO II – MK2 is the successor to our first mono amplifier. The MONO II is technically related to our world famous, already legendary AMP II. The typical, cube-like timeless ACCUSTIC ARTS® design of the housing with its Bauhaus style is continued with the MONO II – MK2. The slim design of the housing makes MONO II – MK2 excellently suited to positioning near to loudspeakers.
The ACCUSTIC ARTS® MONO II – MK2
Now with a damping factor linearisation, like the big brother AMP II
The ACCUSTIC ARTS® DNA:
Thorough development and best components = wonderful sound experience
As is usual at ACCUSTIC ARTS®, during the development of the MONO II – MK2 a high priority was the perfect signal feed with short distances and the use of the finest components. The printed circuit boards are only populated with components with very narrow tolerances. Selected components relevant for the sound are even tested manually to achieve an even higher selection standard. This effort is necessary to realise the technically perfect measurement values which form the basis for the exceptional sound experience of this amplifier.
The MONO II – MK2 is purely a mono output amplifier. This guarantees the best values, e.g. with channel separation and signal to noise ratio as each channel has its own housing. Particular care was taken with the materials used in the MONO II – MK2 to enable high performance with extremely low distortion. For example, the strong toroidal transformer made in Germany is manufactured from a special core, is encapsulated and additionally protected with Mu metal shielding. This means at full load the used components are hardly pushed to their performance limits and therefore with understatement ensure a carefree, agile acoustic pattern. In most application cases the MONO II – MK2 works in so-called CLASS A mode. The MONO II – MK2 is able to effortlessly play back a deep, powerful bass sound and at the same time reproduce fine details and is therefore quite rightly a product of our reference series.
Solid and proven technology – built to last
As with all ACCUSTIC ARTS® amplifiers, the driver stage of the MONO II – MK2 works on the proven principle of the current mirror. This circuit principle enables power to be drawn from an existing current. The MONO II – MK2 is therefore a “power-controlled” output amplifier whereby the large number of MOSFET transistors ensures a very high current capacity without having to stretch the transistors to their performance limit. The MONO II – MK2 is therefore also suitable for impedance critical or low-ohm loudspeaker systems. Ingenious circuitry removes the need for a servo controller for the “offset” and the quiescent current is generated via the IC or current mirror driver. As a result, direct and alternating current errors (DC and music signal errors) are immediately corrected. This means the total offset is exclusively determined by the quality and symmetry of the used ICs.
Each MONO II – MK2 has a generously dimensioned cooling surface which ensures a constant operating temperature of the MOSFET transistors. Even at full load there is never the danger of overload as the integrated control unit continually monitors the operating states of DC offset, temperature, clipping and high frequency. If a pre-defined value of one of these parameters is exceeded, the loudspeaker outputs are immediately switched off. This ensures the highest operational reliability for the output amplifier and the connected loudspeakers at all times.
The generous dimensions of the components and the use of proven technology means the MONO II will give its owner many years of listening pleasure. If, however, a problem should ever arise, the ACCUSTIC ARTS® service with its reputation for quality will be happy to assist you.
MONO II highlights (specifications per piece)
- Reference class mono power amplifier
- 10 selected MOS-FET output transistors of finest quality
- Magnetically shielded and encapsulated toroidal core transformer of premium quality for highest output reserves
- Optimum smoothing thanks to more than 80,000 µF power supply capacity; Premium quality capacitors (“Made in Germany”)
- Very high damping factor for perfect speaker control
- ACCUSTIC ARTS damping factor linearisation (switchable)
- Professional protective circuit against clipping, HF oscillations and too high DC offset
- Constant low operating temperature due to generously dimensioned heat sinks
- Balanced input (XLR) and unbalanced input (RCA) – the inputs are switchable on the rear panel
- All used parts and components are selected and of highest quality
- Premium quality, gold-plated bi-wiring from WBT / bi-amping speaker terminals
- Mains power switch on the front panel
- Extremely stable and resonance optimised, massive aluminum housing; inlay made of massive, high gloss polished and chromed brass
- ACCUSTIC ARTS® MONO II – MK2 is “Handmade in Germany”
Specifications (per piece)
Power supply capacity:
Rated power output:
Signal to noise ratio:
Distortion factor (THD+N):
Dimensions (H x W x D):